This is an Indian-inspired recipe, full of flavour and goodness.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 150g green beans, cut in 2cm long pieces
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 220g basmati rice
- 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock, warmed
- To Finish:
- 150ml natural yoghurt (or soy alternative)
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Bunch coriander
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add the cumin, chilli powder, cinnamon and cardamom pods and cook for a minute or two. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened then add the onion, this should take a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat in the flavoured oil. Pour in the stock then add the cauliflower and green beans. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Leave the rice to stand for 5-10 minutes then pour into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and fresh coriander and drizzle with a spoonful of natural yogurt.