- 4 mackerel fillets, have your fishmonger give you butterfly fillets, split in two, and pin bone them
- Taco seasoning
- Seasoning i.e. salt and pepper (as required)
- Tomato relish/chutney
- Salad leaves, for example, rocket leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, place the flour and add the taco seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Toss the filleted mackerel in the flour mix, front and back, making sure to coat both sides generously.
- In a large hot frying pan, fry the mackerel in the olive oil until it is a golden brown (approximately 1 to 1½ minutes on both sides) - the fish fillet starts to close together. Season to taste.
- Coat the bap or burger bun in mayonnaise and put a couple of fillets in each with the tomato chutney and the mixed salad leaves, e.g. rocket leaves. And enjoy!