Show them you mean business!
- 4 floury baps
- 8 oz chuck steak (trimmed into 1.5” cubes)
- 8 oz sirloin (trimmed into 1.5” cubes)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 large Spanish onion (sliced)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- A splash of sherry vinegar
- A pinch of brown sugar
- A splash of sherry
- A sprig of thyme
- Pulse the beef, then season. Remove and shape into four patties.
- Pre-heat a ribbed grill pan or frying pan and cook the patties on a medium-high heat for three minutes each side. This will ensure medium rare burgers.
- Next do the caramelised sherry onions with thyme.
- Put the onions, thyme, butter and olive oil in to a pot.
- Bring to a gentle sizzle, cover with a lid and turn down. Now leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, turn up the heat and cook the onions until they begin to caramelise.
- Just before they are done, toast the baps. Add the caramelised onions, and serve.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show