Climb on board the Orient express!
- 1lb/450g striploin steak, sliced into thin strips
- Egg noodles (4 portions), blanched and refreshed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100ml soy sauce
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp sherry (optional)
- 100ml stock (as required)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 mixed pepper (green, red, yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Handful of pecan nuts (optional)
- Heat a large wok and fry off the meat and garlic until almost cooked. This should take no more than 2-3 minutes on a nice high heat.
- Add in the vegetables and quickly fry them using a little stock if the mixture gets too dry.
- Try not to add any more oil - use the stock instead as the oil can make the stir fry very greasy.
- When everything is almost cooked, add the honey, soy sauce and sherry along with the noodles and heat everything thoroughly. Add a squeeze of lime juice before serving.
- Additional Notes: To blanch, you cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions and then immerse in cold running water until sufficiently cold and the cooking process has been halted.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon