Climb on board the Orient express!
- 1lb/450g striploin steak, sliced into thin strips
- Egg noodles (4 portions), blanched and refreshed
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100ml soy sauce
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp sherry (optional)
- 100ml stock (as required)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 mixed pepper (green, red, yellow), thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Handful of pecan nuts (optional)
- Heat a large wok and fry off the meat and garlic until almost cooked. This should take no more than 2-3 minutes on a nice high heat.
- Add in the vegetables and quickly fry them using a little stock if the mixture gets too dry.
- Try not to add any more oil - use the stock instead as the oil can make the stir fry very greasy.
- When everything is almost cooked, add the honey, soy sauce and sherry along with the noodles and heat everything thoroughly. Add a squeeze of lime juice before serving.
- Additional Notes: To blanch, you cook the noodles in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions and then immerse in cold running water until sufficiently cold and the cooking process has been halted.