Magic in a bowl.
- 1 good knob butter
- 6 rindless or streaky rashers (diced)
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 400g tin butterbeans - rinsed
- 500ml chicken stock
- 200ml Avonmore cream
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the onions and bacon in the butter over a low heat for 15 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the beans and stock and bring to the boil. Add the mustard and parsley. Season and serve.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Countdown to Pancake Tuesday: Paul Flynn's P'Cakes
- Chicken, Chorizo, smoked paprika cream: Today Show
- Soy Steamed Cod and Crisp Gingered Vegetables