Tastes great - whatever the weather.
- 400g minced beef
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mix herbs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tblsp tomato purée
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- For the Garlic Mash
- 900g (2lbs) Rooster potatoes
- 1 Bulb of garlic, roasted
- 50g (1¾ oz) butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F/Gas 4).
- In a large bowl, combine the minced beef, onion, garlic, carrots, breadcrumbs, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and egg. Place in a parchment lined loaf tin and smooth the surface.
- Cover with foil and place in a preheated oven for 35 minutes, then remove and drain off any excess liquid.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large chunks. Place in a large saucepan and barely cover with water, cook for 25 minutes until very tender but not falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the saucepan over a low heat. Using a potato masher roughly mash the potatoes.
- Add butter and beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show