Oven Baked Salmon
Gary Cooke serves up oven baked salmon, crème fraiche & avocado sauce, garlic potatoes served with a
fresh tomato and chilli salsa on Celebrity MasterChef Ireland.
- 2 6oz salmon fillets
- 2 medium rooster (or similar) potatoes
- 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 ml white wine
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 x 200 ml tub crème fraiche
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 2 lemons
- small punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bottle of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 0.50 a jar of capers
- olive oil
- Potatoes : Set oven to 180C.Place olive oil in baking tray, add salt pepper, garlic & chilli flakes, roll potatoes in mixture, place potatoes on baking tray, put in oven for 50 minutes.
- Salmon: Place salmon on a tin foil lined baking tray. Add 1 bay, 1 sprig of tarragon, a squeeze of lemon juice, teaspoon of white wine and season well with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tin foil around salmon. Place fillets in oven for 20 minutes.
- Crème Fraiche and Avocado Sauce: Peel avocado add clove of crushed garlic. Add 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar. Put in blender until there are no lumps (30/45 seconds).
- Place in bowl, put in fridge.
- Salsa: Dice the cherry tomatoes, capers, red chilies and add balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Plating up: To plate remove salmon from tin foil, remove tarragon and bay leaves & place on plate with potatoes, add sauce and salsa.