Served with pickled cucumber and moily, horseradish and cauliflower sour cream, from Dublin's Vintage Cocktail Club
- 1 side of salmon (1 kg-cut into 4- 6 portions)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 moily (white radish)
- 150 ml mirin
- 150 ml sake
- 75 ml rice vinegar
- 1 cauliflower
- 200 g sour cream
- 1 tblsp horseradish
- juice of 1 lemon
- First peel the cucumbers and moily then with your peeler peel long strips (with the cucumbers stop when you reach the seeds) they should look like ribbons.
- Then in a small pot add the mirin, sake, rice vinegar and bring to the boil, when boiling and the moily and cook for 2 minutes, take of the heat then add the cucumber and allow liquid to cool.
- Then take the cauliflower and remove the core and cut the rest into small florets, then mix together with the sour cream, horse radish, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Place a large non-stick pan on high heat then season the salmon and then add the salmon flesh side first for 30 seconds then turn over and leave skin side down for 3 minutes, after the 3 minutes place in the oven for a further 3 minutes, then take out add a little lemon juice and then ready to serve.
More by Vintage Cocktail Club (VCC):
- Seared Scallops with charred cauliflower puree and chilli parsley and garlic oil
- Vintage Cocktail Club's Moscow Mule
- Vintage Cocktail Club's Zombie Cocktail