- 3 egg whites
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 200 g icing sugar
- 120 g ground almonds
- food colouring of your choice
- Line baking trays with baking parchment.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the caster sugar and food colouring.
- Fold in sifted icing sugar and ground almonds.
- Spoon mixture into large piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm plain tube and pipe 30 small macaroons onto the trays.
- Tap the trays on the work surface to allow the macaroons to spread slightly. Dust with icing sugar.
- Bake macarons in a preheated oven at 130°C for 20 mins. Allow to cool for 5 mins and then transfer to wire rack.
- The macarons can be eaten on their own, or sandwiched together with chocolate spread.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say