- 2 lb (I used yukon gold), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 10 shallots, quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp plus 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tblsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb sliced irish bacon
- eggs, cooked any way
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Celsius. Toss potatoes with shallots, 1/4 cup oil, the thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; season with pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, flipping once, until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes per side.
- Melt butter with remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon slices in a single layer, and cook, flipping once, until just browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide potato mixture among plates, and season with salt. Arrange bacon on plates with the potatoes, dividing evenly. Serve with eggs. Season with pepper.