- 2.50 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 teaspoon for blueberries and zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup blueberries
- 2 tblsp grated lemon zest
- juice of one lemon
- nonstick cooking spray, for pan
For the cream cheese glaze
- 1 (4 ounce) tub cream cheese, softened
- 1 tblsp butter, softened
- 2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tblsp milk
- NB: For best results, coat the inside of the Bundt pan with cooking spray just before filling it with the batter to prevent it from pooling in the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk 2 1/2 cups flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of sour cream.
- In a bowl, toss blueberries and zest with remaining teaspoon flour; gently fold into batter. Coat a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan with cooking spray. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake cake on bottom rack of oven until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto a rack; cool completely, top side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving or drizzle with the cream cheese glaze.
To make the glaze
- Mix the cream cheese with the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and milk in a bowl.
- Heat in a microwave for 10-15 seconds then drizzle spoonfuls over the cooled cake.