A simple burger with a Japanese twist.
- 4 steak mince burger (preferably from your local butcher)
- 4 bun burgers
- 1 large tomato (cut into thick slices)
- fresh salad leaves
- homemade tonkatsu sauce
- 4 tblsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tblsp water
- 2 tblsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblsp sake or red wine
- 1 tblsp soya sauce
- Put all the ingredients for the homemade tonkatsu sauce in a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens to the same consistency as tomato ketchup and then set aside to cool.
- Cook the burgers to your liking on a BBQ, frying pan, grill or oven.
- Place the burger on the bun and dress with a little tonkatsu sauce, sliced tomato and salad leaves.