Paul says: "This is a lovely way to eat fresh fish... Fish can be quite tricky to cook on a barbecue as it sticks really easily. So to remove any fear I'm cooking the mackerel on a foil tray. Just treat it like a frying pan. If you're feeling brave however, just brush the fish with a little oil and make sure the bars of the barbecue are really clean".
- 2 inismara mackerel fillets (all bones removed)
- 4 el tequito garlic & coriander tortilla wraps
- 1 foil tray
- 2 tblsp primadonna extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 a cucumber peeled and sliced
- 4 tblsp goldessa cream spread
- 2 tblsp moordale sweet chilli sauce
- 1 little gem lettuce washed and shredded
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle half the oil on the foil tray.
- Season the mackerel.
- Put the mackerel on the tray skin side down, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and place on a hot barbecue.
- Turn the mackerel after 2 minutes.
- Warm the wraps (this should only take 30 seconds or so).
- Remove the tray and keep warm.
- Smear the cream spread over the wraps and drizzle the chilli sauce over them.
- Drain the fish and divide between the wraps, followed by the tomato, cucumber and lettuce.
- Wrap as snugly as you can and eat warm.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps
- Pan Fried Monkfish, Creamy Brandade: Today show
- Paul Flynn's Seafood Chowder