This pork recipe is also an ideal way of using up pork on a BBQ.
- 1 pork fillet (trimmed)
- 3-4 thumb size slices fresh ginger
- 1 ½ red chillies
- 25 g coriander leaf
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp crème fraiche
- 2-3 tsp of honey
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- for the noodles:
- 150 g freshly cooked egg noodles
- 50 g shredded mange tout
- 2 tblsp crushed toasted cashew nuts
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 shallots shredded
- 1 ½ red chillies shredded
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tblsp toasted sesame oil
- for the crème fraiche:
- 3 tblsp crème fraiche
- 2 red chillies
- 1 tblsp coriander leaf
- 2 tsp lime juice
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- For the Pork: Trim the pork fillet of excess sinue. Whiz up the fresh ginger, chillies, coriander, oil, crème fraiche, honey & seasoning. Rub this into the pork fillet, cover and leave in the fridge to marinade for at least one hour.
- Heat a pan and add a little light oil to prevent it sticking. Colour the pork until nicely browned on the pan. Place in the oven on a tray at 190c for approx 16 -18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes covered. Reheat in the oven for just a few minutes before carving
- For the Noodles: Add the oil to a saucepan with the garlic and chilli and allow to just sizzle
- Now add the shallot and mange tout and just warm up, do not cook. Add the noodles, sesame seeds, cashew nuts and season to taste
- For the Crème Fraiche:
- In a mini blender whiz up the crème fraiche, chillies, coriander and lime juice. Season to taste and I like to serve it cold.
- To serve: Place a portion of noodles on a warm plate. Place 3-4 slices of pork neatly on top. Drizzle with a little chilled crème fraiche. Garnish with some coriander leaves to serve.
More by Phelim Byrne:
- Handmade decadent assorted Chocolate Truffles
- Herbed Sardine Humus with Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- Fragrant Tuna and Crisp Vegetable Fish Cakes with Red Pepper Jam