A delicious and filling main from Japan with a meat broth, special noodles and toppings of your choice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil
- 250 g ramen noodles
- 1 l chicken and pork stock
- 2 pak choi or 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 12 pieces of menma (fermented bamboo shoots)
- 4 spring onions (sliced on the diagonal)
- Preheat the grill and lightly oil and season the chicken breasts
- Grill for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through
- Allow to rest for a few minutes and slice on the diagonal
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until just tender
- Drain, refresh under cold water and divide between the two bowls
- Heat the chicken stock until boiling. Put the pak choi on top of the noodles and ladle in the stock.
- Top with the sliced chicken, menma and spring onions, plus arrange neatly on top any additional toppings of your choice.
This recipe is courtesy of Wagamama Ireland and it's head chef, Juan Manteca