A delicious and filling main from Japan with a meat broth, special noodles and toppings of your choice
- 2 sirloin steaks
- vegetable oil
- 250 g ramen noodles
- 1 l chicken and pork stock
- 2 tblsp teriyaki sauce
- 2 tblsp chilli sauce
- 150 g beansprouts
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 lime, quarted,
- 1 sliced red chilli
- 4 spring onions (sliced on the diagonal)
- Blanch the beansprouts in boiling water, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until just tender
- Drain andrefresh under cold water.
- Preheat the grill and lightly oil and season the sirloin steak,
- Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until medium rare. Allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Then brush the steak with teriyaki sauce and slice on the diagonal.
- Heat the chicken stock until boiling and stir in the chilli sauce.
- Put the steak on top of the noodles and the rest of the ingredients on top of the beansprouts.
This recipe is courtesy of Wagamama Ireland and it's head chef, Juan Manteca