A delicious and filling main from Japan with a meat broth, special noodles and toppings of your choice
- seafood (salmon, hake, squid prawn and fishcake)
- vegetable oil
- 250 g ramen noodles
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 2 pak choi or 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 12 pieces of menma (fermented bamboo shoots)
- 4 spring onions (sliced on the diagonal)
- 1 boiled, tea-stained egg
- Preheat the grill and lightly oil and season the seafood
- Grill until cooked through and set apart.
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes until just tender
- Drain, refresh under cold water and divide between the two bowls
- Heat the vegetable stock until boiling. Put the pak choi on top of the noodles and ladle in the stock.
- Top with the seafood, boiled egg, menma and spring onions, plus arrange neatly on top any additional toppings of your choice.
This recipe is courtesy of Wagamama Ireland and it's head chef, Juan Manteca