For the cutlets
- 1 patak’s garlic & coriander naan bread (or 100g panko breadcrumbs see anjali’s tip)
- 1 tblsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tblsp patak’s rogan josh paste
- 8 – 12 lamb cutlets (you can slice through the chops of 2 racks of lamb to get the best cutlets)
- 2 tblsp plain flour
- 1 - 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tblsp vegetable oil
For the aromatic green bean salad
- 250 g peas, thawed of frozen
- 250 g green beans, thawed if frozen
- good handful fresh mint
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 - 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- juice of ½ lemon
- 75 g spinach, washed and drained
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Blitz the Patak’s Garlic & Coriander Naan Bread in a food processor until it resembles crumbs, or grate it using a cheese grater.
- Mix them together with coriander, chopped garlic, parmesan and green chilli (if using).
- Rub the lamb all over with the Patak’s Rogan Paste mixed with the honey.
- Pat the lamb cutlets in the flour on both sides and dust off any excess. Dip in beaten egg and roll in spiced breadcrumbs making sure all of the meat is coated well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (if you have time).
- In the meantime blanch the peas and green peas for 5 minutes in a pan of salted boiling water with the mint leaves thrown in.
- Drain and refresh by plunging them into ice water to keep the vibrant green colour. Drain and set aside.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a large heavy based frying and fry the lamb in two batches. Cook on both sides for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. They will be rare to medium rare so if you prefer your lamb more well done then pop in a preheated oven for another few minutes.
- Keep the lamb warm by wrapping them in foil while you make the dressing for the salad.
- Heat half the olive oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, red chilli, smoked paprika and garlic slices and a good pinch of black pepper.
- Once the cumin seeds start to sizzle add the peas and green beans and warm through for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Add a good pinch of sea salt and toss together with the spinach leaves and the remaining olive oil.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Serve with the crispy lamb cutlets and your favourite pickle.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say