Get a bit creative with this very special piggy pops, perfect for getting the kids baking and having fun!
- 200 g (7oz) plain cake crumbs
- dr. oetker bright red gel food colour
- 300 g (10oz) dr. oetker fine cooks’ white chocolate
- 75 g (3oz) unsalted butter
- 12 plastic lolly sticks
- dr. oetker cake release spray
- dr. oetker white chocolate chips
- dr. oetker milk chocolate chips
- dr. oetker mini marshmallows pink
- dr. oetker jet black gel food colour
- dr. oetker red and yellow writing icing
- Place the cake crumbs into a bowl, and add a few drops of Bright Red Gel Food Colour to colour the crumbs pink. Set aside.
- Break up 100g (3 1/2oz) of White Chocolate and place in a small heatproof bowl. Add the butter and set the bowl above a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove the bowl from the water and mix well. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the cake crumbs and mix well, bringing the crumbs together using your hands to form a large ball.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and make each portion into a compact round ball. Carefully insert a lolly stick into the centre of each ball and place on a plate sprayed with Cake Release Spray. Cover and chill for one hour until firm.
- Melt the remaining White Chocolate in another small bowl as above and add a few drops of Bright Red Gel Food Colour to colour pink and mix well. Working on one cake-pop at a time, carefully dip the cake-pop into the chocolate, until it is all covered completely. Place the cake-pop back on to the plate.
- Repeat the process until all of the cake-pops are coated in the Chocolate. Leave in a cool place for about 30 minutes until set.
- To decorate, cut the Mini Marshmallows in half and secure on to each cake pop. Secure Milk and White Chocolate Chips onto the cake pops for ears using Writing Icing to stick. Pipe on the features using Jet Black Gel food Colour, Yellow Writing Icing and Red Writing Icing.
- To serve, arrange the cake-pops in a small jug, vase or jam jar – use a piece of flower arranging foam in the bottom to skewer the cake-pops in place.