- 185 g butter, softened
- 185 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 275 g plain flour
- 1 sachet (1 tsp) dr. oetker baking powder (gluten free)
- dr. oetker natural lemon extract
- dr. oetker neon sugar
- 6 level tbsp of vanilla buttercream
- 3 x 150g bars of dr. oetker fine cooks’ white chocolate
- pack of 15 (20cm) lolly sticks
- dr. oetker cake release spray
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (140?C fan oven, 325 F, gas 3). Spray an 11cm x 22cm loaf tin with Cake Release Spray to grease.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time with a spoon of flour and mix well.
- Add the rest of the flour and Baking Powder and mix until the ingredients are combined. Add a few drops of Natural Lemon Extract to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 75-90 mins until firm to the touch. Remove from the tin, place on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Remove all of the outer surfaces of the cake to leave just the pale coloured cake and break into crumbs.
- Mix the crumbs and the buttercream together to form balls – if they are a little crumbly add a little more buttercream.
- Roll into 14 balls and place on a tray, cover with cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the bars of Fine Cooks’ Chocolate and dip a lolly stick into the melted chocolate to coat about 2cm of each stick. Gently push a stick into the centre of each cake ball.
- Dip the ball into the melted chocolate, cover completely and roll in the neon sugar.
- Secure the stick into a block of polystyrene or florists oasis and allow them to set.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say