A light and Summery sweet from Bon Appetit's Oliver Dunne
- 100 ml milk
- 230 ml cream
- 60 g caster sugar
- 2.5 g gelatine
- 1 vanilla pod
- 250 g strawberries
- 25 g caster sugar
- 1 tblsp water
- lemon juice
- selection of mixed berries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries & strawberries
- fresh mint leaves
- For the strawberry consommé remove the leaves from the strawberries and cut them into quarters.
- Put them in a bowl with the water and sugar and cover tightly with cling film then place bowl over a pot of boiling water for 1-2 hours or until the juice is extracted.
- Strain through a fine sieve and allow to chill in the fridge until serving.
- For the Panna Cotta, boil the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla pod in a small sauce pan. Once up to the boil add the gelatine and stir until it has completely dissolved.
- Divide the panna cotta mix into four small pudding moulds or ramekins and allow to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- To serve arrange the berries around the outside of serving bowl, place the Panna Cotta in the middle and pour over strawberry consommé.
- Garnish with some small mint leaves.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch