A delicious but healthy treat from Dr Eva Orsmond.
- 5 ml olive oil
- 100 g courgette, cubed
- 150 g mince meat
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 0 half a cucumber (cut into small cubes)
- 1 tomato (cut into small cubes)
- for the sauce:
- 100 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 oval brown pitta breads
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick pan and fry the courgette for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked courgette with the mincemeat and the egg. Mix in the soy sauce.
- Form little mini burgers (about 6) and return to your pan on a medium heat. Place a lid over the pan and leave until fully cooked and browned. (Halfway during cooking turn the burgers so that they cook evenly on both sides).
- If you feel the burgers are sticking add a little hot water to the pan.
- While they are cooking make your sauce by combining the yoghurt, mustard and curry powder in a bowl. (You can add a teaspoon of ketchup, if you like)
- To serve, place the lettuce leaves in the bottom of your serving bowl, then place the chopped cucumber and tomato over them. Place the cooked burgers on top with the pitta breads and spoon over the sauce.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad