These attractive chicken skewers are very tasty.
- 3 chicken breasts (diced into small cubes)
- 1.5 mixed peppers (diced)
- ½ courgette (diced)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tblsp oil
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic-chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of ½ lemon
- pinch cayenne pepper/paprika
- Begin by making the marinade.
- Put the zest and juice of the lemon into a large mixing bowl with the honey.
- Add the wholegrain mustard, chopped thyme and garlic.
- Mix in the cayenne pepper and the oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Make up the chicken skewers.
- Put about 5 pieces of chicken on each skewer and alternate them with a piece of vegetable in between each one. It is a great way of making the dish very colourful and attractive. Metal skewers are best as they tend to be firmer and stronger, to hold the contents but also the wooden skewers can tend to burn slightly.
- If you are using the wooden skewers make sure to have them soaked in cold water overnight and sometimes it can be a good idea to cover all exposed wood with tin foil to prevent blackening.
- Once the skewers are assembled pour the marinade over them and leave them to infuse for at least an hour but longer if time permits.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes on either side until the skewers are golden brown and the chicken is cooked all the way through to the centre.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show