You can have your favourite treats at home.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 1 large handful of grated mature cheddar (eg. maryland cheddar)
- for the guacamole:
- 2 soft avocado
- red onion
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tomatoes (peeled)
- 2 limes
- bunch of fresh coriander
- sea salt
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Place the flour tortilla in the pan for 2 minutes to warm it and toast a little.
- Turn over and sprinkle with the cheese and scallions. Bring the cheese ½ an inch from the edge of the tortilla.
- Place the second tortilla on top. After 2 minutes turn the quesadilla over carefully and leave for a further 3 minutes.
- The cheese will melt inside. Slide on to a plate and divide into 6/8 segments. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
- For the Guacamole:
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone. Roughly mash with a fork. Place in a bowl.
- Finely chop some red onion (about 1 tablespoonful) and dice the tomatoes and add to the bowl of mashed avocado.
- Deseed and chop the chilli. Add to the mixture along with lime juice to taste. Season with salt. The guacamole should be spicy and tart.
- Stir in some chopped coriander.
More by Lorraine Fitzmaurice:
- Vegetable and Tofu Kebabs with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Muffuletta Sandwich
- Halloumi and baby potato skewers