Make your own delicious baked beans.
- 400 g can red kidney beans
- 400 g can haricot beans
- 400 g can adzuki beans
- 250 ml passata (chopped, tinned tomatoes)
- 1 tblsp molasses or black treacle
- 0.5 tblsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tblsp worcestershire sauce or dark soy sauce
- pinch of ground cloves
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (cleaned and diced)
- 2 celery sticks (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tblsp chopped parsley
- grated cheddar cheese to garnish (optional)
- Drain the liquid from the beans and pour half of it into a bowl, discarding the rest.
- Whisk the passata, molasses, mustard, Worcestershire or soy sauce, cloves and salt in the liquid until evenly combined.
- Put the beans and all the remaining ingredients except the parsley in a casserole dish and stir in the liquid.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and place in the preheated oven at 180°C (350°F, Gas 4) for 2 hours.
- Stir in the parsley, sprinkle with the cheddar, and serve.