John Donlon serves up chips and a burger.
- for the sauce:
- 3 tblsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- for the coleslaw:
- 1/4 head white cabbage (chopped into 2" strands)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- for the burgers:
- 1 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 lb mince meat
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 rings fresh pineapple
- 8 slices white cheddar
- 4 bundies (halved)
- 1 tomato (thinly sliced)
- To make the chips peel 4 good sized potatoes and cut into thick chips. Place in cold water to get rid of starch until ready to cook.
- Firstly make the chilli mayonnaise by mixing the mayonnaise and the chilli sauce together. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge.
- Next make the coleslaw by mixing the cabbage and carrot together and adding mayonnaise, then seasoning.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a sauce pan add the diced onion and crushed garlic clove. Sweat for about 2 mins. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Place the mince in a bowl, add the eggs and the cooled onion and garlic and mix well together. Then take it out and shape it into 4 burgers.
- Place them under a pre heated grill and cook for 7-8 mins on each side or until you are satisfied they are cooked to your taste. While the burgers are cooking take the chips out of the water, place on kitchen paper and dry. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Next place the 4 rings of pineapple on the grill and cook until caramelised then put 2 slices of cheese on top and melt. then toast your buns.
- To serve:
- On top of your bun place a burger then your pineapple, then 2 slices of tomato and drizzle over the mayonnaise. Place on your plate with your chips and coleslaw. Then enjoy!