A delicious combination of minced beef and spices.
- 1.5 lb minced beef
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander
- pinch turmeric
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 chopped red onion or 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp natural yoghurt
- chopped parsley/coriander (2 dessertspoons)
- for the yoghurt dressing:
- 1 cucumber (chopped finely)
- 200 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 dsp freshly chopped mint
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Soak the wooden skewers if using.
- Roll the Koftas into long cylindrical shapes and thread them onto your desired skewers.
- It is best, where at all possible to refrigerate the mixture for at least an hour before cooking in an attempt to harden them up as if not they can have a tendency to break before cooking.
- Brush the Koftas with oil before cooking and then cook in the oven for 12-14 minutes just to firm them up.
- Grill under a hot grill until browned all over. Make sure they are fully cooked through to the centre.
- For the Yoghurt Dressing:
- Mix all together and serve, well chilled.
- Serve with rice and a vegetable stir fry if desired.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Fragrant Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
- Fish and Chips with Minted Peas: Kevin Dundon
- Fiery Fajitas with Salsa: Kevin Dundon