The crowd pleaser!
- burger pattie
- 500 g lean mince
- 50 g chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 slices of bread (crumbed)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tblsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- 1 splash worcestershire sauce
- few drops of tabasco
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tsp picked thyme leaves
- onion relish
- 2 red onions (finely sliced)
- 50 g butter
- 1 tblsp demerara sugar
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- to serve
- 4 soft burger baps
- 1 ripe beef tomato
- 1 buffalo mozzarella ball
- 1 red onion
- 1 head baby gem lettuce
- wholegrain mustard
- To make the burger quickly fry the chopped red onion and the garlic in some olive oil for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add to the rest of the burger ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into even size patties and allow too set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Brush a hot griddle or frying pan with olive oil and brown your burgers on both sides for 3-4 minutes until medium, when medium remove from the heat and allow to rest as you would when cooking a steak.
- For the onion relish sweat off the onions on a low heat for 10mins then add the sugar and balsamic and continue to cook until all the juice has evaporated.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon