With Glazed Carrots, Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Roast Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 kg salmon fillet (skinned and pin boned)
- 1.5 kg carrots
- 1.5 kg purple sprouting broccoli
- 1kg of sweet potatoes
- 1 orange
- 2 limes
- 100 g butter
- 150 ml cream
- white pepper
- flaked toasted almonds
- fresh thyme
- 2 whole star anaise
- For the Vegetables and Lime Butter Sauce:
- Peel and thinly slice carrots. In a frying pan, melt some butter. Add sliced carrots and the juice of the orange. Cook for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Wash sweet potatoes, cut in half and into wedges. Toss sweet potatoes in a bowl with some fresh thyme, sea salt and cooking oil. Place on oven tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- To make the lime butter sauce, bring 150mls of pouring cream to the boil. Reduce heat, whisk in 75g of cubed real butter. Add the juice of 2 limes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Try not to let it boil as it may curdle.
- Trim purple broccoli, cook in salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Garnish with flaked toasted almonds.
- For the Salmon:
- Place two sheets of tin foil three times the length of your salmon fillet on a worktop. Fold both in half.
- Onto one sheet of tin foil place half the thinly sliced carrots and place fillet of salmon on top of the carrots.
- Then layer the rest of the carrots on top of the salmon fillet in a fish scale-like pattern. Place the star anise on top and season with some sea salt.
- Place the second sheet of tin foil directly on top, fold three sides of the tin foil envelope and add the cooking juice from the carrots.
- Seal the fourth side of the envelope, place on an oven tray and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees. Make sure the tin foil envelope is firmly sealed to keep in the cooking juices.
- Remove salmon envelope from the oven. Put onto large platter and place on the centre of the table. Carefully cut open with a scissors. Be careful of the steam.
- Serve with lime butter sauce, roast sweet potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli.