Broadcaster Derek Davis shares the recipe for one his favourite fish dishes
- 250 g white fish
- 250 g smoked (coley, haddock or if you are rich-cod)
- 2 cup white crumbs (might need more)
- one cup golden crumbs (or crushed corn flakes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 sweet apple (not a cooker)
- 1 small onion
- Poach or steam the fish, mash it up and check carefully for bones. Place it in a bowl.
- Buzz the peeled apple and the onion in a blender until fine. Add to the fish.
- Mix in one egg and start adding the crumbs until you have a doughy sticky mix that will keep its shape when moulded into a patty.
- Shape the mix into balls or rissoles and dip in beaten egg and golden crumbs.
- Fry slowly till brown. Season to taste but be aware that the smoked fish will add saltiness.