- ciabatta roll
- 0.50 cooked lobster (shelled)
- baby gem lettuce leaves
- crispy red onion rings
- pickled cucumber
- vine tomatoes
- crispy pancetta
- raclette cheese
- truffle oil or truffle mayonnaise
- samphire mayonnaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 ml olive oil
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 1 cup samphire
- lemon juice, to taste
- sugar, salt and pepper (to taste)
- To make the mayonnaise, put the egg yolks into a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Beat well with a whisk, electric beater or food processor.. Mix the oils, and drizzle a tiny stream of oil into the egg yolks, about 20 drops every 5 seconds, beating continuously. The mixture should expand and look thick and creamy.
- The secret is to drizzle in the oil slowly and beat constantly. Blanch the samphire in boiling water for a minute, purée and add the the mayonnaise. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper.
- To heat up the cooked lobster, drizzle over some melted butter and place a slice of raclette cheese on top. Grill very briefly until cheese has melted.
- To assemble the burger start with half the bun and stack up the lettuce, tomato, pickled cucumber, and lobster. Top with crispy pancetta and onion rings. Drizzle over a little truffle oil or mayonnaise.