This is a simple recipe but it turns out to be absolutely scrumptous!
- 12 oz butter
- 500 g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 tblsp baking powder
- 75 g cocoa powder
- First preheat your oven at 180°C/F gasmark prepare your baking tray by putting down greaseproof paper and greasing the sides with butter.
- Put your sugar and butter into a prepared bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Add in the eggs while stirring the mixture. After that is mixed take out your electric mixer for the next step .
- Sift in the flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix thoroughly
- After you have finished mixing add in the sifted cocoa powder, bit by bit, mixing after every amount.
- When that is done pour into the prepared tray and pop into the oven.
- Hope you are happy with the result!!!
This is a simple recipe that is perfect for a birthday party