Quesadillas are simply browned tortilla wraps with cheese and a selection of your favourite ingredients. In these quesadillas, I added some Ballymaloe Jalapeño Pepper Country Relish which gives them a real kick!
- 4 soft wheat tortillas
- 8 slices parma ham
- 1 sliced red onion
- handful of sundried tomatoes
- handful of finely grated cheddar cheese (or some soft cheese)
- 8 tblsp ballymaloe jalapeño relish
- drizzle of olive oil
- Place a dry frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Make a semi circle shape out of your tortillas and lightly fill one semi circle while folding over the other to meet & press down to seal.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side ensuring the cheese is melted and the outside is golden colour.
- Cut the Quesadillas into triangles and serve with a dollop of jalapeño relish.
- Serve hot & enjoy.
Do not add oil to the pan because it will just make your quesadillas oily. A dry warm pan is the best way to make your quesadillas.