I have a "thing" for hazelnut and chocolate! I think the combination of the two is just delicious and sensational so when I was trying to decide on a recipe which hazelnut and chocolate played the main part, I decided to do my own thing and hope for the best!
- 175 ml double cream
- 200 g dark chocolate (70%), finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- coloured sprinkles to decorate
- In a small saucepan bring the cream to the boil. Remove from the heat then pour in the chocolate and stir until completely melted. Add in your vanilla extract and hazelnuts and mix together. Cover and put in the fridge for 30 mins or until the mixture is thick but not solid.
- Scoop out teaspoons of the mixture and roll into small balls with your hands. On separate plates put out your sprinkles or decorations.
- Roll each ball in the sprinkles or decorations until evenly coated. If the balls are too dry and hard for any sprinkles to stick onto them, heat them in a microwave for 10-20 seconds until the outside of the balls are slightly melted, then roll them in the sprinkles and decorations.
- Then put the balls back in the fridge to chill.
These truffles will keep chilled for one week in the fridge or frozen for one month if not decorated but i doubt they will last a week! Enjoy after dinner with a glass of wine or bring them out after dinner to impress your guests!