A great starter or buffet option, from Donal Skehan's Kitchen Hero series
- 1 crispy half duck portion (available pre-cooked at most supermarkets)
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- juice of half a lime
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tblsp rice vinegar
- 2 tblsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp seasame oil
- Before you start, put the duck in a roasting tin (you can stick the breast on a wire rack - this way the fat will drip) and place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 200°C (400°F/Gas 6) or until heated through.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the ingredients for the dressing. Add the carrot, cucumber, cabbage and spring onions, and toss to combine.
- Take the duck out of the oven, slice thinly and add to the salad. Serve straight away.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style