A delicious dish from Donal Skehan.
- 450 g (1lb) beef mince
- 0.5 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 0.5 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tblsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- a dash of tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30 g (1¼ oz) butter
- 1/2 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 340 g tin condensed tomato soup
- 2 tblsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp english mustard
- Preheat the grill to high.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced beef, onion, green pepper, breadcrumbs, egg and Tabasco sauce until thoroughly mixed together.
- Form the mixture into bite-sized meatballs each about 3cm (1/4 in) in diameter. Arrange the meatballs on a grill tray and place under the hot grill for 10-12 minutes, turn from time to time, until browned all over.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat, add the onion and pepper and sauté until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter and cover with the sauce, then pass around and enjoy.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style