A quick and delicious pasta dish.
- 350 g (12oz) penne
- 25 g (1oz) butter
- 125 g (4½ oz) pancetta or bacon bits, or 2 slices cooked ham, chopped
- 4 tblsp vodka
- 200 ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 3 tblsp tomato purée
- a small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the pancetta and fry for 3-5 minutes until golden. Add the vodka and allow to simmer for a minute before adding the cream, tomato purée and parsley.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce and mix through. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese