Great food for a crowd.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- a few fresh rosemary sprigs
- a few fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/ Gas 6).
- Blitz together the olive oil, rosemary, thyme and garlic cloves using a pestle and mortar or a hand-held blender until you get a smooth paste.
- Slather the chicken in the super green herby garlic paste. Season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper and then roast in the oven for 50 minutes to 75 minutes, depending on the size of the bird until cooked through and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes, covered in foil, before serving.
- Remember to save any juices that run off, to use for other things, such as gravy.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style