Some great party treats.
- 150 g digestive biscuits, roughly bashed so you have nice chunks
- 200 g mini marshmallows, or large ones chopped up
- 4 crunchie bars, chopped into chunks
- 250 g chocolate (milk or dark)
- 3 tblsp butter
- In a large bowl combine the digestive biscuits, marshmallows and Crunchie bar chunks and set aside.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and sit over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted. You can also do this in the microwave - just keep your eye on it and don’t forget to stir halfway through.
- You ideally want the chocolate to be glossy and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate and butter over the biscuits, marshmallows and Crunchie chunks and, using a wooden spoon, stir until everything is nicely coated.
- Place heaped spoonfuls into paper cases and place in the fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes.
- You can also turn the mixture out on to a baking tray and spread it evenly, then slice them up into squares when they are set. But the paper cases are far less trouble - with no washing up!
More by Donal Skehan:
- Caramelised Banana American Pancakes
- Carrot and Courgette Cake with Rosemary and Orange Crème Fraîche
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos with Cherry Tomato Salsa