Serve with an extra squeeze of lemon juice, lemon wedges and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- 250 g (9 oz) live mussels (about a handful)
- 250 g (9 oz) live clams (about a handful)
- 4 tblsp butter, softened
- 6 tblsp olive oil
- a few fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 crab claws
- 4 shelled scallops
- 6 large raw prawns, unpeeled
- sea salt
- juice of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Place the mussels and clams in a sink filled with cold water and scrub away any dirt or beards. Discard any shells which are open at this point and which don't close when tapped on a hard surface.
- Place the butter, olive oil, thyme, garlic and chilli on a plate and mash together with the back of a fork.
- Arrange the shellfish on a largebaking tray and coat with the butter mixture as well as you can. Sprinkle with a little salt and the lemon juice.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until all the shellfish are cooked.
- Discard any shells that are still closed. Serve with an extra squeeze of lemon juice, lemon wedges and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Donal Skehan's Creme Brulee Doughnuts
- Butterscotch Pudding: One for the grown ups!
- Treacle Beef Ribs, Cheesy Polenta: Donal Skehan