You have to try these absolutely delicious cranberry and white chocolate muffins!
- 100 g butter, melted
- 200 ml buttermilk
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 large free range eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 250 g self raising flour
- 250 g fresh cranberries
- 200 g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk, orange zest and set aside.
- In a standalone mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the flour until just combined. Stir through the cranberries and white chocolate until combined. Be sure not to over mix the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and place in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes until brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Use leftover cranberries or any other berry!
- Be sure not to over mix the batter when adding the chocolate and berries.
- The sweetness of the white chocolate balances out the sourness of the cranberries!
More by Donal Skehan:
- Brioche French Toast with Berries and Nutella
- Moroccan Chickpea Burgers: Lunch/Dinner sorted
- Roast Chicken: Donal Skehan style