- 2 large eggs
- a drop of milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp butter
- 0.50 an avocado, stoned, peeled and cut into chunky slices
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl until combined. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Heat a small frying pan, about 20cm (8in) in diameter, over a high heat and add the butter to the pan. When it is foaming, pour in the eggs and, using a spatula, pull the edges of the omelette towards the centre so that the beaten egg runs to the outside. Continue doing this for 1-2 minutes until there is no runny egg left.
- While the omelette is still a little soft on top, fold it towards the centre and then hold the pan over the plate and nudge it off and onto a plate. Be careful not to overcook the omelette – it will continue to set as you dish it up.
- Serve topped with the avocado slices and quartered cherry tomatoes, plus an extra grinding of salt and black pepper.