An easy way to poach eggs while retaining their shape.
- 6 eggs
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Line a small ramekin with a double layer of cling film ensuring that there is a substantial overhang all around the sides.
- Crack the egg into the ramekin and seal tightly. Tie a knot in the cling film to secure.
- Remove the cling film ‘parcel’ from the ramekin and drop it carefully into the lightly simmering water.
- Cook gently for 5-6 minutes depending on how you like your egg cooked.
- Carefully remove the egg parcel from the pan and gently pierce the cling film in an effort to remove the egg from the parcel.
- Serve the egg on some toasted white soda bread.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon