A lovely French method of making the vegetables.
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 l chicken stock
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 large onions
- 4 large waxy potatoes
- for herb crust:
- 50 g bread crumbs
- 30 g parnesan
- 1 sprig of the following herbs:
- 1 tblsp english mustard
- for courgettes:
- 3 small courgettes
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring of fresh basil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2tbls balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- knob of butter
- Finely slice the onions and garlic and sauté in a pan till soft and lightly coloured.
- Then slice the potatoes on the mandolin.
- Heat the stock with the garlic and rosemary and thyme then strain and set aside for later.
- Grease the baking tin and layer the onions and potatoes till the tin is full and add the stock 2/3 of the way. Press down. Put in oven for 25 mins.
- Pan fry the lamb and put it into oven for 6-7 mins.
- Make the crush by putting all ingredients in a processor and pulse
- Take out lamb and brush with mustered and add crust leave to rest, put back in oven ten min before serving for 3 mins to cook crust
- Pan fry the chopped courgettes and rosemary with a glug of olive oil and balsamic.
- Cook for a min and then add tomatoes cook for 2-3 mins before adding more seasoning/oil /balsamic.
- When they are all soften put in basil and take off heat. Plate up.
By Anne Marie Darby for MasterChef Ireland.