A hearty lamb meal with Sautéed Mushrooms and Pan Juices
- 1 rack of lamb (6 cutlets, french trim)
- 1 celeriac
- 2 potatoes
- 50 g flat leaf parsley
- 50 g rosemary
- 200 g good quality breadcrumbs
- 50 g pamigiano reggiano
- olive oil
- white wine
- mixed mushrooms (chanterelle, girolle, shimenji, enoki, oyster etc.)
- micro greens
- black pepper
- Trim rack of lamb. Peel and chop celeriac and potatoes. Simmer celeriac and potatoes in salted water for 15 mins. Combine breadcrumbs, rosemary, parsley, parmesan, salt, pepper and olive oil in blender.
- Season lamb generously with salt and pepper. Sear lamb in hot pan, browning on all sides, add knob of butter while searing, baste lamb with butter. When browned move to 200°C preheated over for ten mins.
- Strain potatoes and celeriac and return to low heat for 2-3 mins to remove excess water.
- Remove lamb from oven, coat generously in Dijon mustard while lamb is hot, then coat in herb crumb. Return to oven for a further ten mins.
- Press potato and celeriac through potato ricer, melt butter in pan, add riced potato and celeriac and whisk, season with salt and pepper.
- Remove lamb from oven and leave to rest. Sautee mushrooms in pan with a little butter and olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bring pan juices to a simmer, add splash white wine and a knob of butter, season to taste.
- Carve lamb in sets of 2 cutlets. Place celeriac in centre of plate, add 2x2 cutlets, add sautéed mushrooms and pan juices. Finish with mustard sprouts.
By Pierce Maher for MasterChef Ireland.