A delectable dessert that is sure to please!
- 8 egg yolks
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pint cream
- 100 g 70% chocolate (melted)
- 6 tsp white sugar
- Bring cream to the boil.
- Beat sugar and egg yolks together.
- Pour cream onto egg and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add chocolate and stir.
- Strain and pour into 6 espresso cups or small ramekins.
- Put the cups into a roasting tin containing hot water and bake @ 110c for 30-40 mins until set.
- When removed from oven, allow to cool and place in fridge until ready to glaze.
- To glaze the brulee, put a teaspoon of white sugar onto each chocolate crème brulee.
- Place under a very hot grill until the sugar has melted. If you have a blow torch, use this to melt the sugar.
- These can be made up to two days in advance (unglazed) and kept in the fridge.
Louise's tips: For an extra crunchy top, glaze the brulee twice. Maybe Add 2 floz of your favourite liquor to the brulee mixture to switch up the flavour. These can be made up to two days in advance (unglazed) and kept in the fridge.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox