Succulent, slow cooked lamb.
- 500 g lamb shoulder
- 1 l beef stock
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 2 parsnips
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- sprig of thyme
- sprig of rosemary
- Chop all vegetables into large chunks.
- Trim the excess from the lamb.
- Season and seal off on a hot pan.
- In a casserole dish heat the stock, add the vegetables, add the lamb.
- Cook in the oven at 135°C for 3 hours.
- When cooked, strain the vegetable from the stock.
- Reduce the stock.
- To serve: Serve on a warmed bowl with puréed and roast potato and carrots.
More by Derry Clarke:
- Baked Ham with Honey and Mustard Glaze
- Spiced Pork Ribs
- Marinated Rump of Lamb with Red Pepper Chutney and Colcannon