A tasty chocolate treat!
- fondant ingredients
- 75 g chocolate dark (60%)
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 15g flour
- 1 egg
- 30 g sugar
- 2 yolks
- cocoa powder
- ganache ingredients
- 20 g baileys
- 40 g cream
- 150 g chocolate dark (60%)
- 100 ml cream
- 1 vanilla pot
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- To make the fondant melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Whisk the egg, yolks and sugar together and mix with the chocolate then sieve in the flour whisking vigorously.
- Pour the mix into a piping bag and leave in the fridge until required.
- To make the Ganache, boil the cream and baileys together pour over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has completed melted.
- Leave in the fridge to set. When set, roll into a cylinder shape about one centimetre in diameter and freeze wrapped in cling film.
- To make the Chantilly, just whip the cream with the vanilla seeds and add sugar to taste.
- To cook, butter individual cake rings on pudding moulds and dust with cocoa powder. Pipe in the fondant mixture about 2/3 from the top.
- Cut a small piece of baileys Ganache and push into the centre of the fondant and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes ensuring the centre is still runny.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon
- Apple Tart Fine with Chantilly Cream and Butterscotch