This delightful, rich chocolate coffee roulade always goes down a treat, and even if you are watching the calories a little goes a long way.
- butter, for greasing
- 100 g plain chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar (plus extra for dusting)
- 450 g fresh raspberries
- 0.5 vanilla pod
- 1 tblsp cool swan liqueur
- 300 ml cream
- 75 g wicklow fine food luxury chocolate and hazelnut spread
- icing sugar (to decorate)
- Grease a 33 x 23cm (13 x9in) Swiss roll tin, line with greaseproof paper and then grease the paper. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until very thick and pale in colour. Beat in the egg whites until stiff, and then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Turn the sponge out onto a sheet of greaseproof generously sprinkled with caster sugar. Carefully peel off the lining paper. Cover the roulade with a warm, damp tea towel and leave to cool.
- To make the filling, split the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds. Place the cream in a bowl and stir in the Cool Swan liqueur and vanilla seeds. Gently whisk with an electric mixer until stiff, then spread the chocolate and hazelnut spread over the cold roulade, followed by the cream mixture. Using the paper to help, roll up the roulade to enclose the filling.
- To serve, transfer the roulade on to a serving pate and dust with icing sugar, then cut into slices and arrange on serving plates with the raspberries.