The indulgent Chocolate Fudge Cake is deliciously moist and very easy to make - Mums won't be able to resist a slice!
- 150 g butter
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa
- 2 tsp dr. oetker baking powder
- 0.5 tsp dr. oetker bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium eggs
- 142 ml soured cream
- 2 tblsp golden syrup
- 1 tblsp dr. oetker select vanilla extract
- dr. oetker wafer daisies, to decorate
- 100 g butter, softened
- 200 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp dr. oetker select vanilla extract
- 100 g dr. oetker continental plain chocolate, melted
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 g dr. oetker continental plain chocolate
- Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins. Heat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, then sift in the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the eggs, soured cream, syrup and vanilla extract, then beat into the cake mix.
- Divide between the tins and bake for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the ganache, heat the double cream until hot, but not boiling; add the chocolate and leave to melt. Stir briefly until smooth and leave to cool.
- Whisk all the buttercream ingredients together then use to sandwich the cakes. Cover the top and sides of cake with the ganache and decorate with wafer daisies.