The indulgent Chocolate Fudge Cake is deliciously moist and very easy to make - Mums won't be able to resist a slice!
- 150 g butter
- 150 g light muscovado sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa
- 2 tsp dr. oetker baking powder
- 0.5 tsp dr. oetker bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium eggs
- 142 ml soured cream
- 2 tblsp golden syrup
- 1 tblsp dr. oetker select vanilla extract
- dr. oetker wafer daisies, to decorate
- 100 g butter, softened
- 200 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp dr. oetker select vanilla extract
- 100 g dr. oetker continental plain chocolate, melted
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 g dr. oetker continental plain chocolate
- Grease and line two 18cm sandwich tins. Heat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, then sift in the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the eggs, soured cream, syrup and vanilla extract, then beat into the cake mix.
- Divide between the tins and bake for 20-25 mins. Cool in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the ganache, heat the double cream until hot, but not boiling; add the chocolate and leave to melt. Stir briefly until smooth and leave to cool.
- Whisk all the buttercream ingredients together then use to sandwich the cakes. Cover the top and sides of cake with the ganache and decorate with wafer daisies.
More by Dr Oetker:
- Peanut Caramel Puddings with Chocolate Sauce
- Millionaire's Muffins
- Surprise Inside Caramel Cupcake Centres